Friday, July 16, 2010

New York from my car window


New York from my car window, originally uploaded by alaskajoey.
My friend Kate takes photos like this by accident. I love this shot. I love the texture in the clouds that looks like they're daubed with oils, I love the pale buildings on the horizon and the photographs monotone nature. I love the fact that the top 9/10th might have been painted by Rothko and the fact that despite it's impression of calm, it actually represents thousand of people at work and play in chaotic NY.

I lament the fact that many of the photographs I take that I like the best are not considered.

Kate says 'most of mine are accidents it's MY THING'

Maybe I should work harder to make it my thing, but it's a bit like asking someone not to think about an elephant.

On the other hand, I once heard a successful golfer say 'the more I practice, the luckier I get'........

No comments:

Post a Comment